Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Finishing up the Weekend

The rest of the weekend wasn't as much fun as Sat., but it was nice. The best part was swimming in the Mediterranean. The rip tide was really bad, but it was wonderful just to be in the ocean again. The rest of the day was more archaeological sites (walls, cisterns, rocks). We got back at a decent time which was good. Monday and Tuesday at the dig were fun. We do have less people now, so it is a little more demanding...but we are finding some amazing stuff. Today we came upon a layer that contained a bunch of pottery pieces and a grinding stone. The stone is really cool (kinda looks like the obelisk in the movie 2001 Space Odyssey). Looking forward to my sister coming up. She will love it here. Thanks for all the comments!!! I miss seeing and talking to everyone. Grandma H (or witch Hazel) thanks for the mail!!! The weather has gotten a little warmer here at the Tel as well (i think Egypt will be quite toasty). I got my "exam" the other day. It will be really easy (too bad it is only the exam for here and has nothing to do with the credit for the classes i am taking). I have to draw a map of ancient sites in Israel, write 2-3 paragraphs on one of the major time periods, discuss the square I worked in and lastly give them feedback about the dig experience. Man oh Man do I wish that was all I had to do. I am going to attempt to upload some pics!

No comments: