Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back to the Dust

EnShallah. Well we have been back to work for 3 days now. Up until today, nothing much was happening in our square. We have opened a new 4 meter square below the one we are working on, haven't found much yet. And found that our square had a room in it!! I will send a pic tomorrow (I hope). I have learned to hand draw rock to scale (but i do it very badly). Got alot of sun today since I worked outside of the shade, but no burn...still just getting tan. We have a 'free' day on friday, which means no working on the tell. We have breakfast at 8 am then have 2 hours to pack ALL our luggage so we can store it while we are gone (Neve Shalom is giving us a really good price, so we clear out on weekends so they can rent the rooms). We will leave at 10 am to start our weekend. Don't know all the places we are going, but do know we will be staying in a hotel at the Sea of Galilee (fingers crossed for softer bed and more hot water). My mother (who I have described here as having a wicked sense of humor) asked about classes. A few lectures have been so-so, but most interesting enough to keep me awake. Yesterday's lecture was the best so far, it was about zooarchaeology (study of animal bones in an archaeological context). I was always interested in Forensics so it was cool. Thanks again for all the comments, glad you all are enjoying them!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, mel! sounds like you're havin' a blast. we miss you back home, but wish we could be there.

Anonymous said...

Hi melanie. how are . I hpoe you find lots of things. I miss you and hope you come home soon. I love you.