Sunday, July 02, 2006

Weekend

Hello All. I know you want me to post more pics, and they will be up on Monday. Waiting for Melissa to get here with a card reader so I can post some from my camera. This was a pretty laid back weekend for us. Friday after the dig we were able to go to the pool for the first time. It was wonderful!!! I haven't felt that clean in some time (chlorine really scours dirt). After we were watching some of our guys attempt to play football (please take note of the word attempt) and we were supposed to be cheerleaders, but somehow turned into hecklers (oops). We then ate and played cards into the night. Sat. we first went to the Israel Museum, which is very interesting then had 4 hours to wander around Jerusalem and shop and eat. Hung out with two of my closer friends here (allison and sarah). Spent the evening working on the book for my squares and then played cards again. For sun. we went to the Holocaust Memorial/Museum. It was a very powerful place to visit. Next we went to look at the excavations carried out below and around the Temple Mount. Lastly we had free time again and wandered around the Jewish Quarter. Finishing up my essays tonight and then last days of digging! Melissa will be here in the morning and can't wait to see her when I get back from the dig site. Thanks for the comments, glad everyone is enjoying the blog. We will keep it up while traveling.

Wanda- sorry to hear about Dante, will definitely housesit for you in sept.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, I do envy you must be invigorating to do so much. Paper work well is a must I guess, keep up good work , pictures are great. Coors says Hi!!!!!!!

Joe Mc

Anonymous said...

So glad you have had some extra rest and relaxation. Finally you are clean? How many clothes have you ruined and are leaving behind? I know it will be good to see your see your big sister and her money! You have more travels and adventures coming up...wish we could all join you! Enjoy it all...Love, mommy

Anonymous said...

You have such a great time touring with the dig group now you and Melissa. How lucky and how envious I am. Keep up the reports on the blog, really love reading them. and as mommy said glad you feel clean and scrubbed again. Love witch hazel the grandma