Saturday, August 23, 2008

Getting to Zadar


Have some time to actually post, so we will start from the beginning. On our way to Zadar, we had some, well let's call it an adventure. We left Victoria Station on a bus headed to Stansted airport. The bus should have arrived an hour and a half before our flight to Zadar. It actually arrived 5 minutes before the check-in was closing. So, I pushed my way off the bus, Melanie, Jenny and Mandy went for the bags and I ran through the airport. I begged the woman to keep the flight open and we dropped our bags. Melanie and I had spent a ton of time making sure our bags were under the weights required, but we were so late, they tossed the bags on and didn't even check. Then we ran for the gate. We made it on the plane, actually had seats together... AND SAT ON THE TARMAC FOR 45 MINUTES!!! At least we got to catch our breath!

The flight was about 2 hours. Landed and our bags were the last off the plane (I think they were punishing us). Got the rental car (see photos) and drove 45 minutes to our first apartment.


It was a nice place and we got plenty of rest. However, this is also when I figured out I had NO idea how to put the car in reverse (it's a stick shift, and I drive one every day so I didn't think it was a problem!) Reverse is actually next to first gear and very ackward to go from reverse to first! Melanie had to stand outside the car, reach across me and throw it in reverse the first time until I figured it out. But we're good now!!!


All and all it was a bit crazy, but it's has improved from there!

1 comment:

Hamilton Family said...

The car must have been german engineering!!! Reverse is next to 1st on our BMW. I agree, tough to get used to.